Know YOUR call!
How do I rise to the call? What does that mean for me, for my life?
We will probably be asking this question through all of our lives and finding the answer while we walk the walk. So I want to share only one of the thousand insights we might find along the way.
Our call will be uniquely for us and a blessing for those that God has meant for us to reach.
Look at Jesus! He was so aware of how much he needed to remain faithful to the specific call of his life. He sought to understand and see what his Father was asking him to do and obey that, and only that!
- When people sought healing, he said to his disciples "Let us go somewhere else—to the nearby villages—so I can preach there also. That is why I have come."
- When he was overwhelmed by the cross, he said " Yet not as I will, but as you will."
- When Satan offered him a chance to be the one who fed the world, who performed sensational performances, who possessed all the power, he said "not of bread alone . . . do not tempt the Lord your God . . . and worship the Lord your God and him alone."
- When a foreign woman asked him to heal her daughter, he said "I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel."
- When his parents looked for him desperately, he responded "Didn’t you know I had to be in my Father’s house?"
Jesus knew what His call was. It was not the same as Kind David's, or the prophet Isaiah's call, it was not to conquer and heal the whole world. It was not meant to last long on the earth.
His call led him to a specific place, at a specific time, working in the lives of specific people, preparing them for their call.
His call led him to speak a specific language and teach a few crowds and many small groups of people during intimate dinners and conversations.
While you rise to your call, remember that it does not have to be the same one of the preacher you admire so much, or the missionary that crosses the ocean, or the writer that publishes his books.
You have a call that will lead you to testify of the Kingdom to people that other servants of God will never be able to reach. You have the call to disciple others, and you have no idea about what God will accomplish through them.
So, rise to the call God has for you, specifically for you. Seek it, pursue it, be faithful to it, depending on the Father to reveal it step by step and accept as it is!
Leave a comment